Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Teacup Tuesday!

Happy Teacup Tuesday everyone! I just  received this little teacup from my mom, and I love her! Chintz is a favorite of mine. She came just in time to share her with my teacup Tuesday sisters. Have a wonderful week all!
Does anyone understand the "crown" like symbol on the back?

In high school, 16 families arrived from Stoke on Trent, Staffoshire, England, to our town. The husbands were brought here to begin making pottery in Niagara Falls, New York. (Carborumdom) Several of the girls my own age, they taught me about English tea, the traditions and ceremonies involved with tea and the pottery. One girl even painted teacups for a small shop keeper. 
Decades have passed and the Carborundum Pottery Museum closed, many of the families returned to England,  but I so appreciate the experience they shared with me, the ceremony of taking tea, and the art of tea cup design. I hope to visit the UK in my lifetime and visit the tea shops that I imagine are so glorious. I'm the introduction to the work, the beauty and the joy in the pottery created in that area.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Sunny,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment. David Wilkerson was a man of God; a man of integrity, who will be sorely missed in the Church. His legacy will live on however. My hubby and I received his newsletters for over thirty years and not once did his organization ever ask for a donation. That is rare this day and age!

    Changing the subject, I love the tea cup your mother gifted you with! I love chintz and yours is very sweet! Thanks for sharing it with us and have a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old (and new) china!! In the olden days (way before WE were born!) A crown on the back usually meant that the china company was "by appointment of the Queen" or some such thing - not positive though!
    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tea cup & saucer. Love the lilac colour and the bottom is unusual well to me any way ;0)

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely new Chintz tea cup! What a fabulous gift to receive from your mother.
    How interesting about the families visiting from Stoke on Trent! Thank you so much for sharing about that.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just something so special and ladylike about a beautiful teacup and saucer. Makes a woman feel so elegant. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely tea cup. It's delicate little flowers are precious against that background. Makes having tea even more special. I didn't have time to participate this week, was thrifting. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tea Cup is so Beautiful !!
    I would like to thank you so much for being my newest follower on my tablescape. I do put a new one on ever Sunday.. I hope you will come back and see my new one for 2012 Valentine's day dinner.
    I also hope you have a wonderful weekend with your lovely family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete